April 20, 2010

"I'm Not Greedy - I Just WANT a Great Deal",

So said my husband's 80-year-old aunt at brunch one day. Hear, hear Aunt Eileen - I want a lot too.

I want to live in Paris. I don't especially want to work - but if I have to, I'll work 20-25 hours a week. I'm not bilingual and I'm not really skilled in anything. I do a  little research, writing, painting. I know -  I like reading. Maybe I can get a job reading or writing restaurant reviews or walking around museums. Yeah! And I won't get out of bed for less than $75,000 per year.

We have to have an apartment in the Latin Quarter or Saint-Germain. It has to have at least 100 square metres. A lift is essential. It has to have great street views and be close to amazing street markets. I'll only pay 1,000 Euros tops. Oh, and it will be dog-friendly.

My son will go to the best school. But all work will be done in English - I wouldn't want him to be stressed.

Surely, that's not asking too much!?!?


 

photo from Lodgis.com

3 comments:

The Clever Pup said...

I hope you take this in the spirit it was written - I'm being sarcastic.

Giulia said...

Yep. I hear ya. I just got a freaking nasty email from someone saying I wanted too much (I'm shilling for our human rights art festival here this weekend...)...some people have no sense of humo(u)r...I gots it, lady.

xoxo

Alistair said...

I hear you cant get an apartment like that in Paris for less than 3000 these days.

You need to be more realistic. Anyway if junior pup learns in English wont his accent be bad - well except for with the ladies - actually that might not be a bad thing!!!

That's irony by the way. It's like goldeny pr silvery but with more iron in it.

regards....Al.{lol}