October 28, 2013

If You're Young at Heart

For it's hard, you will find, to be narrow of mind, if you're young at heart.

 

A dozen fantastic 40+ women in my neighbourhood meet Spring and Fall to exchange our gently used clothes. We have such a laugh trying out looks that we may never have thought of before, or snapping up that coveted coat from a friend. It's always a positive, warm and mind-opening evening. November will be our 8th go-round. In another 40+ years we can only hope to be as wonderful as the women included in this video. My mum would have been 85 today and she fooled people about her age until the end.

  thanks Laurie, for passing this on to me. 

2 comments:

Hels said...

Yes yes yes. Great idea!

I have been thinking a lot about the ageing and disease process recently. My parents are 91 and 89 respectively and although they are living good lives, they find their world narrowing more and more.

Then yesterday a much younger Hasan, blog master at Three Pipe Problem, died at his home. I find it too shocking to think about clearly.

The Clever Pup said...

So sad about Hasan. What a tragedy.