September 17, 2012

Toronto's Mayor - Funnier than Fiction.

photo: The Globe & Mail

 Here's a hilarious editorial by the Globe and Mail's Elizabeth Renzetti. Recently returned from London, she finds Toronto's mayor and his whacky cast of friends and family perfect material for a sit-com. It's so true. If Kevin James were cast in the lead we'd be laughing until tears rolled down our cheeks. Let's not forget the inaugural speech by his friend, the upholstery-suited hockey pundit Don Cherry, who addressed half the city as left-wing pinko bike riders! Or the fact that his smarter brother Mycroft, oops, Doug, had never heard of Margaret Atwood. 

The Rob Ford Show is great TV, if entirely implausible

4 comments:

Alistair said...

Only in Canada - unfortunately, no. London has Boris Johnson. I'm so glad I'm Scots.

The Clever Pup said...

Alistair, I think people like Boris because he comes across as funny. Our guy just looks like the top of his head is going to blow off.

Lois said...

I live in Hamilton, with my own set of characters, but love to hear what Ford is up to! Just can't believe it half the time!

Nancy said...

I live in Texas - sigh - home of Rick Perry. I don't know if I'd conisder him funny though or just very sad. We have an okay mayor though.