December 21, 2010

Are You Last Minute Shopping for Men???

This Christmas it's just my husband and myself, my 16-year-old son and my 50-something brother. So I've got a lot of "boy" presents to wrap today.

Here's a selection of what I bought and places to shop if you're stumped. My guys shun my blog so I'm not giving anything away.

Computer Chess and 5 other games - Science City, 50 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Animation Greats, National Film Board, 150 John Street Toronto

Squirrel-proof bird-feeder, Home Hardware

Danier Leather

Marilyn Mug for the Dude. I got a version of this from Vintage Video, great, great store. 604 Markham Street, Toronto

T-shirt for my brother from Busted Tees. Probably too late to order this now.

Micro-dot shirt:The Gap

The requested Argyle sweater: The Gap

Vertically striped scarf. Zellers.

I Love Roncesvalles Mug. Sweetpea's., 163 Roncesvalles

Laurentian Chief Moccasins

Comic Book Sleep Pants. Zellers

Facsimiles of NYT crosswords since 1942. Science City.

Wind-up battery lantern. I got mine at Lee Valley Tools. 590 King Street W. Toronto
One of the best documentaries I have seen. You will not be bored. Narrated by my crush R.H. Thompson. NFB

5 comments:

Giulia said...

Great ideas, Hazel. Lucky guys. (What is it about them that makes men shun their female relatives/friends blogs? You'd think they'd want to at least look on the sly. Just in case. In fact, I know some of mine do...one slipped recently & mentioned something. But it was only on a blog. I said nothing. Filed away for future.)

Cheers.

Ima Wizer said...

excellent, thanks!

T. said...

Argh. Shopping for the boys. Always a challenge.

Alistair said...

Ah......it really is about shopping, When I read that header I thought for a minute you wre getting a bit desperate C-Pup!!!!

The Clever Pup said...

Very funny Alistair.

Giulia - nuts. Her house is grungier than a "college" rental and she's recently left her aspergerish children and her husband.