March 16, 2009

Wouldn't it be great if it was like this all the time...



Coming down from Downpatrick
Stopping off at St. John's Point
Out all day birdwatching
And the craic was good
Stopped off at Strangford Lough
Early in the morning
Drove through Shrigley taking pictures
And on to Killyleagh
Stopped off for Sunday papers at the
Lecale District, just before Coney Island

On and on, over the hill to Ardglass
In the jamjar, autumn sunshine, magnificent
And all shining through

Stop off at Ardglass for a couple of jars of
Mussels and some potted herrings in case
We get famished before dinner

On and on, over the hill and the craic is good
Heading towards Coney Island

I look at the side of your face as the sunlight comes
Streaming through the window in the autumn sunshine
And all the time going to Coney Island I'm thinking,
Wouldn't it be great if it was like this all the time.


Coney Island by Van Morrison from Avalon Sunset, 1989.
The great picture above is taken from the website, www.loughneaghboats.org. Coney Island is in the background.

2 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Love the photograph! Van Morrison is a big favourite. I quite like his later album, "Back on Top" as well as his classics.

I notice from your profile that you're a fan of Peter Robinson's books. I've read nearly all (except the latest, I'm guessing). My favourite is "In a Dry Season". How about you?

Kat

Giulia said...

Oh thank you for this, H. Having computer problems (as you know), working on taking comments (Blogger doesn't seem to want me to do it now that I've changed the settings:), & when I saw this is the Mozilla feed/tool bar, I KNEW it had to be Van. Thank you. I've had a bleeping day so far, no Harp or Jameson on the horizon, but I do have lots o' Van. Shall pull it off the shelves right now! Thanks for the post. And I see that it's Renoir???? I went to bed last night thinking...Bonnard? no. And then on & on...but wondered Renoir? No. Will read that post tomorrow...thanks, thanks, thanks. Tip of the virtual Harp to ya. xo, Susan