March 17, 2020

Plague Dinner # 1

Plague Dinner # 1

This photo is from hearthandvine.com/chicken-black-bean-casserole/

I'm trying to cook fresh as long as I can. Although I can hardly remember how to blog, I thought I would share some light-hearted attempts of my cooking with left-overs and what's on hand at my local Sobey's/Soviet era grocery store.

This was some sort of chicken/bean casserole
1 boneless chicken breast, seared
1/2 onion softened in a little oil
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 cup frozen corn - (I had leftover split yellow peas!)
1 can of black beans, drained
1/2 cup leftover black bean soup (optional, of course)
1/2 cup Six Layer Dip (we all have that, right?) just for a little zip.
nubbin of cheddar cheese
3/4 cup tomato sauce
seasoning.
3 cups cooked Basmati rice
Dice the browned chicken. It will still be a little pink inside. Combine all the ingredients except the cheddar in a small casserole dish. Grate a little cheddar on the top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Serve on the rice.
Will serve 3.
My guys gave it a solid 4 out of 5 and 2 thumbs up.
This photo is not mine.

Come back tomorrow to see what I can do with salmon and beets!





T

No comments: